The Global Text Resource Manager can be used to translate text fragments stored in a variety of formats used in online or offline. It also contains a smart client user interface for a next generation service of CryptoGateway used to do collaborative cross language translations. It is a general purpose translation system designed to have the following characteristics, namely it is a
1. open, access to all, unified platform;
2. evolutional quality elevation environment;
3. massive scalable collaboration coordinator;
4. dynamic context based classification scheme;
5. user contributed, reviewed, and consumed resource;
6. better contributions and contributors filter at single resource and usage context level;
7. open or closed business activity coordination hosting platform;
8. multi-level context oriented linguistic study and research tool;
for the production, management, analysis and synthesis, and distribution of cross culture media data. It has several mutually convertible and user customizable formats, including the popular ones like XML and .Net software resource one, under an unified interface Uni-VR (tm). It is also customizable to fit a user's target data representation formats.
It's application areas includes, but not limited to, computer software globalization/localization, trans-lingual lexica building (tool) and resource/reference repository, cross culture knowledge propagation, global information processing and
re-generation, and to server as a tool and resource to do comparative art, literature and linguistic studies.